Crockpot Ostrich Roast
Ostrich meat is a lean and healthy alternative to traditional beef or pork roasts. Tender, juicy ostrich roast slow-cooked in a crockpot to perfection, and seasoned with herbs and spices for maximum flavor. It's the perfect meal for a cozy night in or a special occasion. Impress your friends and family with this unique and tasty dish!
- 1 3-4 lb ostrich roast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and rosemary.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the ostrich roast.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ostrich roast and sear on all sides until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the ostrich roast to the crock pot.
- Add the onions and garlic to the same skillet and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beef broth to the skillet and stir to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour the mixture over the ostrich roast in the crock pot.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, or until the ostrich roast is cooked through and tender.
- Once the ostrich roast is cooked, transfer it to a cutting board and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the sliced ostrich roast with the onions and cooking liquid from the crock pot.
Enjoy your crock pot ostrich roast!
At Superior Ostrich, we take pride in providing high-quality ostrich meat products to our customers. If you're interested in trying this recipe with our ostrich steak cuts, head to our online shop to place your order today!