Ostrich meat is a lean and healthy alternative to traditional ground beef or pork, and its mild flavor pairs perfectly with a variety of toppings, making it an excellent choice for nachos.
- 1 pound ground ostrich meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ground ostrich meat to the skillet, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and pepper to the skillet, stirring until the meat is well coated with the spices.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a baking sheet or oven-safe platter. Spread the black beans evenly over the chips.
- Spoon the ground ostrich meat mixture over the beans and chips, making sure to distribute it evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the nachos, covering the meat and beans.
- Place the nachos in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and garnish with sliced jalapeño and fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
At Superior Ostrich, we take pride in providing high-quality ostrich meat products to our customers. If you're interested in trying this recipe with our ground ostrich meat, head to our online shop to place your order today!