Grilled Marinated Ostrich Steak
Ostrich meat's lean and tender texture, coupled with an acidic marinade, creates a mouthwatering culinary experience that will impress even the most discerning palates. Fire up your grill and get your taste buds ready as we guide you through the steps to prepare this extraordinary dish!
- 2 ostrich steaks (approximately 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, for a hint of heat)
- Fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, or oregano) for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using). Whisk the ingredients until well combined to create a flavorful marinade.
- Place the ostrich steaks in a shallow dish or a resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the steaks, ensuring they are fully coated. Seal the dish or bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to infuse into the meat.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Make sure the grates are clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
- Remove the ostrich steaks from the marinade and discard any excess marinade. Allow the steaks to come to room temperature while the grill heats up. This ensures more even cooking.
- Place the marinated ostrich steaks on the preheated grill. Cook for approximately 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or adjust the cooking time based on your desired level of doneness. Avoid overcooking, as ostrich meat is lean and can become tough if cooked well-done.
- Once cooked to perfection, remove the ostrich steaks from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Garnish with fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, or oregano for an aromatic finishing touch.
- Slice the grilled marinated ostrich steaks across the grain and serve them alongside your favorite side dishes or a crisp garden salad. Get ready to savor the unique flavors and tender goodness of this extraordinary dish!
Our Grilled Marinated Ostrich Steak recipe celebrates the natural richness and unique taste of ostrich meat. We always recommend keeping the temperature to medium rare to avoid the meat becoming tough. With a perfect char and grill marks, this dish is sure to impress your guests with a unique twist on a traditional steak.
At Superior Ostrich, we take pride in providing high-quality ostrich meat products to our customers. If you're interested in trying this recipe with our ostrich steaks, head to our online shop to place your order today!